Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bloody Mary Weekend

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday's Bloody Mary was "enjoyed" at Whitey's. It was too bright, too strong, and too small.

D.

Today's Bloody Mary was enjoyed at Eli's, a small bar/restaurant downtown. I watched her make it, and was a little afraid: I saw the glass fill with vodka, and then watched the minuscule splash of Bloody Mary mix slowly fall over the ice cubes, appearing to barely fill the glass with flavor. I used my straw to mix it up a bit, and took a sip.

Heavenly!!

Thick, peppery goodness, and not a touch too strong. Garnished with a pickle spear, two green olives, and a lime, it was the perfect amount of thick, rich flavor and bright, tart accessories.

A+!

So A+ in fact, that I had two, so forgive my excitement.

In addition to their delicious Bloody Mary(s), I was hungry, so I ordered their steak & eggs. What came to me from the kitchen was the smallest piece of meat that anyone's ever served me with a straight face, but it didn't matter-- it was filet mignon, cooked to perfection (I prefer my meat to resemble a crusty hockey puck) and utterly delicious.

I think I found a new favorite place.