Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weekly Menu June 28

(For past entries in my Weekly Menu series go over to my place and look for the Weekly Menu tag.)

So earlier this week a coworker had baked some zucchini in butter and parmesan and brought in some of the leftovers for lunch. That got me thinking. And when Danny thinks about food the results are (usually) on point.

Zucchini Alfredo over Linguine

1 whole zucchini (washed, peeled, and sliced)

One serving of linguine noodles (that's just what I had on had at the time but I bet you could do with just about any noodle)

About a handful of shredded Monzarella cheese

About 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce (I really need to learn how to home make that stuff)

Salt

Pepper

Sesame Seeds

About 4 tblsp of butter (cut into pat sized pieces)

Preheat your oven to about 350. While that is heating spread your sliced zucchini across a lightly greased baking pan (I'm almost willing to bet you don't need any grease since zucchini give off a lot of water but I didn't want to chance it), try to make it one layer if possible and remember that the thinner you slice it the faster it cooks. I topped mine with salt, pepper, sesame seeds, and butter. Cover the pan and put it in the oven and then start preparing your noodles by the directions on the box. Truthfully I don't know how long that zucchini baked but the goal is to bake it until you can easily cut it with a fork. Drain the noodles once they are done and put on the plate. Place the zucchini on top of the noodles. Drizzle the alfredo sauce over that and top with the shredded cheese.

That was some good shit. I'll have to remember this one and make it again.