Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sage advice

David Fuhriman, a LifeHacker blogger, relays some great advice:
Always do your very best in your job, but if you don't like what you're doing enough that you would do it for free, quit. (This seems extreme, but at the same time mentally liberating.)
Thanks, David!  I'm sure the three or four people who happen to be independently wealthy and also choosing to work at jobs they hate for some inexplicable reason are really grateful for your words of wisdom.

How helpful.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to polish off this beer that I'm drinking in an attempt to temporarily forget the fact that I'm wasting my life in a giant goddamn office building, moving money around internal bank accounts all day.  Which, if you were wondering, I would not do for free.