Sunday, November 01, 2009

Bloody Mary Sunday

Photobucket

I am on a quest to find the Twin Cities best Bloody Mary. For my own research purposes and for the benefit of other Bloody Mary lovers in Minneapolis, I'm going to start a weekly Bloody Mary blog, where I critique a new Bloody Mary somewhere in the cities.

Today's Bloody is being enjoyed at Two Stooges in Fridley, a northern suburb of Minneapolis.

Bloody mix: medium-to-thin consistency, rich and tangy flavor. Visible chunks of pepper floating in the drink (this is a plus).

Garnishments: Pickle spear, two stuffed pimento olives.

Beer back: None?!

The drink itself, while tasty and satisfying, could have been more... exciting. The pickle and olives were good, but in order to make up for the lack of the beer back, they could have made the mix a little thicker, possibly added some celery or spiced it up a bit.

Overall grade: B+. It would have been higher with a beer back. It's possible that the server forgot, but it's also possible that they just don't include one here. Red Lobster doesn't. I don't usually want beer for breakfast, but a small glass of beer, aka the beer back, is an expected and necessary part of any good Bloody Mary and complements the overall flavor and experience of the Bloody.

Breakfast, on the other hand, was delicious and inexpensive. I ordered a three-cheese omelet, which was enormous, and came with hashed browns, for only $4.99. I will likely be coming here again!

Any suggestions on where I should go next week?