Saturday, March 27, 2010

I need a Breathalyzer for my laptop

A few weeks ago, I stopped by Target on my lunch break. I was in the book section and came across Glenn Beck's Arguing With Idiots. I picked it up and leafed through it a bit. I'd been listening to him every other morning or so at work to see what all the fuss was about, so I knew what his whole shtick was.

The content of the book is colorful and cartoonish, which I think is fun and inviting, and I was thisclose to buying it, just for laughs. I mean, why not? Plus, I'm obsessive about keeping tabs on things/politicians/celebrities/ideologies that I hate. I've been known to buy Cosmo for this reason.

Anyway, I ultimately decided that I was not going to give this man any of my money, and I sighed and put it down. I had gotten Ann Coulter's Godless from the library, so I thought that if I really cared enough about what Glenn Beck has to say, I'll do the same with his books.

Well. Last weekend, as we were finishing off the leftover booze form the party the previous night, I may have had, I don't know, a few too many... and went on a little Amazon shopping spree. I bought all kinds of great books that I look forward to reading, but also managed to apparently lose any principles I had, and yesterday, I received Glenn Beck's: Arguing With Idiots, An Inconvenient Book, and Common Sense.

Yeah. I got drunk and actually willingly gave money to Glenn Beck.

I've decided that I will certainly read these books, because I own them now, and then I will mutilate them in one way or another and make an art project about it. I'll be sure to post a picture.