Thursday, February 24, 2011

Embarrassing moments

(Via.)
When I was a kid, my family went on a lot of road trips.  In the event that we would stay in a motel or hotel, I had a very silly habit of switching my pillow with the hotel pillow, thinking I was sneakily upgrading my pillow with each hotel visit.  I personally found this to be a hilarious tradition, although looking back, it was really... gross.

Anyway, cut to high school, when my BFF, Crystal, wants company to go check out a college in Ripon, Wisconsin.  I ride along with her and a friend of hers, and we stay at a motel that her mom paid for.  I thought it would be the funniest thing ever to give a nod back to my past pranks, and switched the pillows.  

This was all well and fine until the motel called Crystal, mentioning in a disarmingly friendly voice, that there must have been some mistake.  It looks like someone left their pillow in the hotel, and even put their old one, that they must have mistakenly left here, into our pillowcase!  Surely, you want your pillow back, so we'll have it here, waiting for you.

Crystal and her friend chuckle over the task that they insist they will not mercifully accomplish for me, so I walk into the motel, red-faced, with their stupid, not-even-all-that-comfy pillow, and they return mine to me, smiling, in that all-knowing, but determinedly polite, way

Your turn!