Friday, September 23, 2011

Favorite Songs

I went back to a full-time cubefarm job where I sit in front of a computer looking at numbers and listening to the radio.  It's funny, because as I alternate between NPR and conservative talk radio, I think of a million things to blog about.  Then, by the time I get home, I'm so mentally exhausted from the political chatter in my head that I just sprawl across my bed and watch Ally McBeal or Jersey Shore (I KNOW) for the next three hours, instead.  Sometimes the political chatter is too much to bear after a while, and I just get burned out, and listen to music instead for a few days.  This is when I acquaint myself with the latest pop songs that are on the radio, and reacquaint myself with my tiny mp3 library.  As a result, I have some current favorites from each:

So catchy I can't stop listening to it:





Danny'll hate me for this one:





So poignant:





The band's name is highly accurate:





I hated it because it was so depressing, but ended up loving it, anyway:





I always love me a good revenge song:





A good one to listen to at work if you're interested in desiring to throw expensive office equipment through skyscraper windows:





Fucking hilarious lyrics:





I love Andy Partridge's voice:



Within the next several hours, expect an impassioned and urgent-sounding post about #OccupyWallStreet.  

Leave your current and/or all-time favorite songs in the comments!